Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: small problemo

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2

    small problemo

    I loaded Knoppix (Debian) on my new Dell PC. Everything went ok...although it looked like my screen resolution was set a bit low. I went to the terminal and typed in the new screen resolution. Apon re-booting, I get a bunch of squiggly lines on my monitor. Now obviously I can not see to "get back in" to change the resolution back. When I re-boot, I hit "E" and get the GRUB> prompt. How can I get back to root to type in origional screen settings. I can still boot and run knoppix off of the dvd....but when I change the settings in the terminal window there... I guess it does not "remember" the setting so when I re-boot I am back to squigly lines.

    Any help would be appreciated. I have a 19 inch digital flat screen monitor and sure would like to be able to use it at the higher resoltions....

    Sorry for such a N00B question...but I'm kinda excited and really want to get Knoppix (Debian) back upand running as it is the first distro out of like 10....that actually did WORK (for a while on my pooter.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    learn to put something informative on the subject line


Similar Threads

  1. small problemo with screen resolution
    By seanl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2006, 01:23 PM
  2. 2 Small problems....
    By jentybhullar in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 04:12 AM
  3. Small Remaster
    By fizgig in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 03:35 AM
  4. HD too small
    By brazilian in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 06:10 PM
  5. Small nix
    By .-=Ronin=-. in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-24-2003, 07:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF picture

AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF

$215.00



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08



AS IS Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF picture

AS IS Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF

$410.00