Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: ND HELP TRANSFERRING FILES FROM LAPTOP TO USB DRIVE

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6

    ND HELP TRANSFERRING FILES FROM LAPTOP TO USB DRIVE

    My windows crashed, therefore I attempting to use Knoppix (which I like) t tranfer some critical files off of before send the machine for repairs.
    a. When I instered a Quickidrive into the usb (unchecked it as read only) then it said it could not mount the drive?
    2. then I inserted a flash drive into the USB which it mounted, but I cannot transferr my files from my laptop to the flash drive either I keep geting an error message that knoppix cannot make a folder for the file I am attempting to transfer on the flash drive.
    I really nd help to get these file off my machine.
    THANKS in advance for anyone's help and prompt response

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6

    Nd help Part 2

    Whn I tried to mount the QuickiDrive I got a error mssg that said :mount:no medimun found" what does this mean and how can it be corrected?

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Knppx mnts prttns s rd nly by dflt fr sfty rsns. Pnt t th prttn cn nd rght clck nd s th ctns sb-mn t mk th prttn rd-wrt.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6
    you wrote - Pnt t th prttn cn nd rght clck nd s th ctns sb-mn t mk th prttn rd-wrt.
    I can't understand what you are saying, can you explain a little more clearly? thankx

  5. #5
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by deetramm
    you wrote - Pnt t th prttn cn nd rght clck nd s th ctns sb-mn t mk th prttn rd-wrt.
    I can't understand what you are saying, can you explain a little more clearly? thankx
    Oh, I thought we were leaving vowels out of our posts now.
    Knoppix mounts partitions as read only by default for safety reasons. Point to the partition icon and right click and use the actions sub-menu to make the partition read-write.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6
    thank you! i'll try it and let you know

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6
    when I rebooted w/ Knoppix and tried to mount the Quickdrive i revd an error message saying and I quote " I could not determine the filesystem type and none was specified" I saw on the properties tab thst the file system was automatic.
    btw - I unchecked the read-only tab and made the drive read/write

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
    Oh, I thought we were leaving vowels out of our posts now.
    LOL you crack me up Harry.

Similar Threads

  1. Transferring files from linux to external usb hard drive
    By metsn05 in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-01-2008, 07:45 AM
  2. Problem transferring files to external Hard Drive
    By Joma in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 03:59 PM
  3. Stalling when transferring large files to usb 2.0 drive
    By kjjaeger in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 07:37 PM
  4. Newb Needs help transferring files via FTP
    By panzerjager88 in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-16-2005, 01:35 PM
  5. Need help transferring my files
    By nechronics in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-28-2004, 12:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km picture

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km

$15.99



Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 18 Core 2.3 GHz 45MB SR1XD LGA 2011-3 B Grade picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 18 Core 2.3 GHz 45MB SR1XD LGA 2011-3 B Grade

$15.95



DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11 picture

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11

$149.00



Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$144.98