-
small problemo with screen resolution
I loaded Knoppix (Debian) on my new Dell PC. Everything went ok...although it looked like my screen resolution was set a bit low. I went to the terminal and typed in the new screen resolution. Apon re-booting, I get a bunch of squiggly lines on my monitor. Now obviously I can not see to "get back in" to change the resolution back. When I re-boot, I hit "E" and get the GRUB> prompt. How can I get back to root to type in origional screen settings. I can still boot and run knoppix off of the dvd....but when I change the settings in the terminal window there... I guess it does not "remember" the setting so when I re-boot I am back to squigly lines.
Any help would be appreciated. I have a 19 inch digital flat screen monitor and sure would like to be able to use it at the higher resoltions....
Sorry for such a N00B question...but I'm kinda excited and really want to get Knoppix (Debian) back upand running as it is the first distro out of like 10....that actually did WORK (for a while Smile on my pooter.
Similar Threads
-
By ownagestudios in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-24-2006, 02:16 AM
-
By seanl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-13-2006, 02:45 AM
-
By tilleyrw in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-27-2005, 11:01 AM
-
By goudiemark in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-19-2004, 10:06 PM
-
By sanjay in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-22-2003, 06:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD
$635.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99