-
Senior Member
registered user
Root - Avatar
I was reading about toor, baron, and avatar the other day, when I decided to replace root with avatar. Easy process, just made avatar with the uid 0, made the home directory, and then once I could log in as him, deleted root. Everything works fine for the most part (Auke Kok - lead developer of my distro - even made a change to one of the Lunar-Linux core tools so that it would check for uid 0 instead of root), except su. I have to use su avatar, or su - avatar because su looks for root. But on BeOS and systems that don't have the superuser named root, su doesn't look for root. Is there a separate shadow code for these guys? Did developers hack it out or something? Or is there an option to be used with configure when compiling shadow? To summarize...I replaced root with avatar, and su still looks for root, how do I fix this?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I guess I would start looking in the source code for 'su'
-
Senior Member
registered user
That's the shadow source code, su and a few other things are built into it. But I didn't find anything that was really a red flag distinguishing root from anything else.
Similar Threads
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-02-2006, 03:35 PM
-
By eco2geek in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-06-2005, 02:20 PM
-
By Josh83 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 10:18 AM
-
By metroidprime13 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 03:13 AM
-
By gnosys in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 07:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99