-
Senior Member
registered user
Load Cisco VPN client kernel module?
Hi all,
in order to access my school's wireless LAN, I need to use the Cisco VPN Client ("vpnclient connect..."). However, the client needs a kernel module to be loaded. I thought I could compile the kernel module on a hd-installed knoppix and then use it for knoppix running from CD.
Has anyone managed to load this module in Knoppix running from CD?
If no, has anyone managed to load *any* kernel module in Knoppix running from CD? Any hints are appreciated.
Thanks,
probono
-
I am trying to build a remastered knoppix that supports both the Cisco VPN and Citrix. Will let you know how I go.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
StephenB
I am trying to build a remastered knoppix that supports both the Cisco VPN and Citrix. Will let you know how I go.
That's great Stephen. But still I wonder whether modules like this can be loaded "on demand" w/o remastering. (The real problem with remastering is that you can hardly keep pace with all the new Knoppix versions coming out...) As for Citrix, it should definitely run w/o remastering.
-
Yes I would like to remaster and add the cisco vpn client plus change the kernel to support the cisco client.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Info: Citrix (ICA Client versin 7.00) is working in Knoppix release V3.2-2003-07-26 without problems. I only needed to use alien to convert RPM into DEB + download from debian and install library libXaw6.so.
Cheers, seth.
-
how is it going??
Hi!
i youst read your postings and would like to ask if there is anything finished with an vpn client integrated...
thx for answers..
Similar Threads
-
By tofu in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 03:56 AM
-
By user unknown in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-22-2004, 10:10 AM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 11:41 PM
-
By catfish in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-10-2003, 01:45 PM
-
By bamarob in forum Ideas
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-25-2003, 03:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$222.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99