I am trying to build a remastered knoppix that supports both the Cisco VPN and Citrix. Will let you know how I go.
Hi all,
in order to access my school's wireless LAN, I need to use the Cisco VPN Client ("vpnclient connect..."). However, the client needs a kernel module to be loaded. I thought I could compile the kernel module on a hd-installed knoppix and then use it for knoppix running from CD.
Has anyone managed to load this module in Knoppix running from CD?
If no, has anyone managed to load *any* kernel module in Knoppix running from CD? Any hints are appreciated.
Thanks,
probono
I am trying to build a remastered knoppix that supports both the Cisco VPN and Citrix. Will let you know how I go.
That's great Stephen. But still I wonder whether modules like this can be loaded "on demand" w/o remastering. (The real problem with remastering is that you can hardly keep pace with all the new Knoppix versions coming out...) As for Citrix, it should definitely run w/o remastering.Originally Posted by StephenB
Yes I would like to remaster and add the cisco vpn client plus change the kernel to support the cisco client.
Info: Citrix (ICA Client versin 7.00) is working in Knoppix release V3.2-2003-07-26 without problems. I only needed to use alien to convert RPM into DEB + download from debian and install library libXaw6.so.
Cheers, seth.
Hi!
i youst read your postings and would like to ask if there is anything finished with an vpn client integrated...
thx for answers..

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$65000.00
32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill Aegis DDR4 3200MT/s (PC4-25600) 288-Pin Desktop Memory Kit
$134.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
288GB 18x Mixed Brand 16GB Mixed Speed RAM TESTED
$900.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
SAMSUNG 128GB (4x32GB) M393A4K40BB1-CRC4Q RAM DDR4-2400T RDIMM ECC Memory
$666.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00