Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Load Cisco VPN client kernel module?

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159

    Load Cisco VPN client kernel module?

    Hi all,

    in order to access my school's wireless LAN, I need to use the Cisco VPN Client ("vpnclient connect..."). However, the client needs a kernel module to be loaded. I thought I could compile the kernel module on a hd-installed knoppix and then use it for knoppix running from CD.

    Has anyone managed to load this module in Knoppix running from CD?

    If no, has anyone managed to load *any* kernel module in Knoppix running from CD? Any hints are appreciated.

    Thanks,
    probono

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3
    I am trying to build a remastered knoppix that supports both the Cisco VPN and Citrix. Will let you know how I go.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenB
    I am trying to build a remastered knoppix that supports both the Cisco VPN and Citrix. Will let you know how I go.
    That's great Stephen. But still I wonder whether modules like this can be loaded "on demand" w/o remastering. (The real problem with remastering is that you can hardly keep pace with all the new Knoppix versions coming out...) As for Citrix, it should definitely run w/o remastering.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1
    Yes I would like to remaster and add the cisco vpn client plus change the kernel to support the cisco client.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    11
    Info: Citrix (ICA Client versin 7.00) is working in Knoppix release V3.2-2003-07-26 without problems. I only needed to use alien to convert RPM into DEB + download from debian and install library libXaw6.so.

    Cheers, seth.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3

    how is it going??

    Hi!
    i youst read your postings and would like to ask if there is anything finished with an vpn client integrated...
    thx for answers..

Similar Threads

  1. I wanna load a module at boot time...
    By tofu in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 03:56 AM
  2. how to avoid module-load on hd-install
    By user unknown in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-22-2004, 10:10 AM
  3. Abit IS7 NIC module, how to load it from floppy?
    By arkaine23 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2003, 11:41 PM
  4. how to load module for undetected ISA nic?
    By catfish in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-10-2003, 01:45 PM
  5. usbdnet kernel module
    By bamarob in forum Ideas
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2003, 03:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Retro Working Macintosh SE SE30 Analog Board 820-0206-B 630-0147 w/Power Supply picture

Retro Working Macintosh SE SE30 Analog Board 820-0206-B 630-0147 w/Power Supply

$107.95



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board picture

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board

$24.99



DOS Joystick Gameport to USB Converter - Adapter (NEW, 3-axis, 2-button) picture

DOS Joystick Gameport to USB Converter - Adapter (NEW, 3-axis, 2-button)

$49.95



Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor picture

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor

$100.00



Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac picture

Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac

$35.00



VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A picture

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A

$22.67