-
how to use grub-install with default Knoppix installation?
I just finished the default knoppix 4.0.2 installation.
I'm told I should use grub-install because the I can specify "lang=us dma" in the configuration file. I've been reading http://orgs.man.ac.uk/documentation/grub/grub_16.html but I cannot figure out what to specify for the required device parameter.
I try grub-instal hda0 and it says "format of installed device not recognized".
I try grup-install hd0 (as exemplified in the documentation) and it says "Could not find device for /boot: Not found or not a block device."
I try "grub-install hda" and it says "Format of install_device not recognized."
I try "grub-install /dev/hda1" and it says "Could not find device for /boot: Not found or not a block device."
Thanks,
Siegfried
knoppix@0[knoppix]$ sudo fdisk -l
Disk /dev/hda: 40.0 GB, 40007761920 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 4864 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/hda1 * 1 6 48163+ 83 Linux
/dev/hda2 7 4767 38242732+ 83 Linux
/dev/hda3 4768 4864 779152+ 82 Linux swap / Solaris
knoppix@0[knoppix]$
Similar Threads
-
By johnwaynegoodin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-04-2009, 10:44 AM
-
By nitric in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-03-2007, 07:54 PM
-
By Massif in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-05-2006, 06:55 PM
-
By gunnerjoe in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-21-2006, 05:46 PM
-
By gessi2000 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Samsung 64GB (16GBx4) 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA M393A2K43EM3-CWENY DDR4 Server Memory
$399.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Samsung 16GB (1x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2133P DDR4 ECC Server Memory M391A2K43BB1-CPBQ
$64.99

Set of 2 HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN HYNIX 32GB (1X32GB) 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MEMORY
$500.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98