At boot:knoppix screen=1024x768
Does anyone know how to get full screen resolution at 1280x768?
I set up Knoppix on my Toshiba Techra laptop yesterday, and it ran great, except that the screen, which can go up to 1024x768 on Windows, would not run higher than 800x600. It booted into 800x600, and 800x600 was the highest resolution available through KDE. Why is this? Can I possibly boot it at 1024?
At boot:knoppix screen=1024x768
Does anyone know how to get full screen resolution at 1280x768?
I am aware of that code, but I was afraid to try it, because I was under the impression that Knoppix runs the highest available resolution by default. On this laptop, that would be 1024x768. Why did it do 800x600?
knoppix noswap screen=1024x768, stops knoppix even using a swap file. I can only think that you are afraid of corrupting your hard drive in some way, the noswap option is handy if you are partiitioning for an installation as well. My advice is just to try it, you might initially get a scrambled screen, but be patient it can sort itself out.![]()

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$699.99
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
IBM Aptiva E5D Intel Pentium II 400MHz 64MB RAM No HDD Vintage Computer 2139E5D
$219.99
One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981
$199.99
Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit
$44.99
LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold
$749.99
VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE
$299.99
IBM 7070 Reference Manual A22-7003-2 Aug 1960 Mainframe Computer Annotated
$84.99