Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Microsoft Wireless Optical Explorer mouse problem.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4

    Microsoft Wireless Optical Explorer mouse problem.

    I got the classic "Mouse is not working" problem here.
    However, nothing I do seems to help in making it work.
    It is connected via USB and I have checked in my BIOS for USB settings and I only found two of them.

    Enhance USB support and Enable USB Keyboard.
    Tried them both and I still got a mouse cursor that doesn't want to move, AT ALL.

    I have tried to use the modprobe command but neither that works the way it is supposed to.
    My main interrest for trying Knoppix was the KNOPPIX STD release but the mouse fails to work in that as well.
    I also have a ethernet freezing problem that is only curable with the "Knoppix nodhcp" upon boot.

    If it is of any help, this is the hardware I am using:

    Motherboard: EPoX 8RDA+ nForce 2.
    RAM: Corsair 1024 Mb PC 3200 RAM
    GFX: Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti 4600.
    CPU: AMD Mobile Athlon XP 2500+ @2100 MHz.

    So does anyone have any good tips for me to try?

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    I have a USB mouse on my notebook (my main Knoppix system) and it has never failed to work. Yet you are not the only report of USB mouse problems I've seen. I would suggest first, if you have one, try another USB mouse. The problem could well be Knoppix and your motherboard hardware however. Recent versions of Knoppix seem to have more USB problems than old versions (this just an observation from the posts here; I have not seen them first hand). You didn't say what versions of Knoppix and STD you are using. If it's the recent versions of both you might want to try something older (pre 3.9 on Knoppix or the 2 year old version of STD). If these don't work then I'm out of ideas, but if they do then you know it's the recent Knoppix USB bug that a few others have reported.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Similar Threads

  1. Problem of wireless optical mouse
    By satimis in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2006, 12:24 PM
  2. microsoft wireless intellipont explorer USB
    By c0lec0 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 03:00 AM
  3. Microsoft Wheel mouse optical USB not detected
    By keokeo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 12:15 AM
  4. Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse (USB) detected, not working
    By sagipolley in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:40 PM
  5. Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer
    By Jaromba in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-15-2003, 08:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays

$599.99



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99