Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: New monitor and reslotuion problems

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4

    New monitor and reslotuion problems

    I have knoppix 4.0 installed dual boot with XP. No problems there. I recently upgraded form a CRT to flat panel, Samsung Syncmaster 730B on a Geforece MX4000 video card. Prior to switching monitors, I had the resplution on knoppix set to 1024x768 and in XP, 1280x1024 and I've never had any problems. In XP, I have my resolution set to 1280x1024 using my GeForece MX4000 card. In knoppix, it appears that the monitor has retained the resolution of 1280x1024, which is beyond the settings and I get the black screen as x fails to start.

    How do I change the resolution using the text method? I do have the driver's available after I get the resolution problem fixed. Please tell me I don't have reinstall knoppix.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4
    I fixed it myself. I just re-instlled Knoppix. It's working fine.

Similar Threads

  1. Problems with elder Monitor
    By Schwindelinside in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 07:21 PM
  2. Newbie Here -- Please Help!!! Monitor Problems
    By mrclark1971 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-01-2004, 12:27 PM
  3. Problems with my monitor
    By wine in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 07:51 AM
  4. Monitor problems
    By Daedaleus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 03:44 PM
  5. Monitor and Font Problems
    By merlin in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2003, 03:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49



Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller

$295.00