-
Junior Member
registered user
DHCP server and ethernet bridging
I maintain my sisters' mixed network remotely, and am having some problems with a no monitor, no keyboard wireless box with a webcam which is developing intermittent freezes.
I want to be able to look at it without tavelling 350 km.
They are a Windows house ( except for the stuff Ive added
)
ie they have
CableModem -CAT5-> linux router (fw, dhcp,ssh) -CAT5->wireless AP -->webcam,laptops etc
-->desktops
I was thinking of getting them to plug a CAT5 cable in the box (currently with gentoo on it) with and connecting it to a liveCD linux on the laptop.
I *think* I want a linux live CD which will have a DHCP server at startup (to give an IP address to the wired connection on the linux box) and act as an SSH server.
A long length of CAT 5 cable across the hall lounge, sink and kitchen table from the router is not a solution.
I want to ssh to the router then the wireless connection to the live CD laptop then the wired connection to the webcam box and try and see whats happening.
An alternative would be some sort of ethernet bridge I suppose. How do I do that with a live CD that my little sister can just put into her laptop, switch on , and walk away and leave the rest to me ?
Similar Threads
-
By paoloskater in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 03:26 PM
-
By bhavin in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 08:14 AM
-
By LTCM in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 06:59 PM
-
By steingra in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 12:46 PM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 06:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40

Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i
$699.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

DELL POWEREDGE FC640 Server FHH8V W/×2 Intel Xeon Gold 6142,0KHKN5. *READ⬇*
$130.00

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08