-
KnoppMyth R5A30.1 install setup modem, howto
I am using KnoppMyth R5A30.1
I read the forums ( ex. knoppmyth dial-out HOWTO) trying to figure out how to reach a screen to enter the phone number, user name and password of my isp, on a dial up modem. But no luck.
the forum was located at
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtop...6f345545a508e4
That forum talks about how to set up the modem on knoppix , but KnoppMyth seems to use a different gui.
Any help would be greatley apreciated.
Everything seems to be working on my machine so far that I have tried.
I am using an Emachines T3406, intel celeron 340, 56k itu v.92 ready fax/modem, 80 gig, intel extreme graphics2 3d, 256mb ram
I have not tried plugging a video source yet into my capture card (avermedia avertv) to see if it works.
I know very little about Linux. Step by step instructions on how to get to each screen might be the only way that I would understand the intructions given to me.
Thankyou,
Morgan
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't know nothing about KnoppMyth. Some distribution have integrated support for some winmodems "out of the box" (Mepis, Kanotix, Kurumin...) and you can use this winmodems at once. Other need drivers to be install first, which is somewhat dificult job to do.
After that, you go to kppp, which has diferent name from distribution to distribution, and there you setup your user name, password and tel.number of IP.
External, serial modems work w/o drivers, at every OS, be it MS Win or Linux or BSD.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Your duplicate post in the General forum has been removed. Please do not post in multiple groups to get extra attention, it is considered spamming the forums. I would have thought that this would have been a better fit in the Other Live CDs forum or the Networking forum, but I'll respect your choice to put it here instead. Not having used the distro that you are having problems with I can't offer any other help, sorry.
Similar Threads
-
By carolus in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-23-2008, 04:07 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-24-2008, 02:28 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-23-2008, 11:38 PM
-
By sirus in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 11:51 PM
-
By mikekgr in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-18-2003, 12:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99