-
Re: "knoppix testcd"

Originally Posted by
skygeek
Is that in the FAQ somewhere or can someone step that out for me. can I type "testcd" at the prompt when it dumps me to a shell? Is there a better way to learn this stuff than what I'm doing or are you guys a fan of the "dive in" approach?
I did verify the download with the MD5 files but did not for the burnt cd. I downloaded a windows program that verified the image with the MD5 files. I don't remember what it's called, I'll have to check when I get home.
Again thanks for all your help everone.
KK
At the knoppix boot prompt(first knoppix graphical screen when booting from the cd),
type "knoppix testcd" (+ enter key) instead of just pressing the enter key or waiting for the time out
(which would be equivalent to typing "knoppix" + enter key)
Best Regards,
Gilles
Similar Threads
-
By candid357 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 14
Last Post: 07-05-2007, 01:46 PM
-
By Marash in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 04:22 PM
-
By bob58 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 05:13 PM
-
By kashif in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 08:10 PM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

LG PCS200S Pro:Centric Server Hospitality TV Management System 1U Rackmount
$350.00

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49