Bygolly them fellers are workin' overtime on that there Knoppix!
Know anything about that ethtool Stephen?
Changelog:
* V3.2-2003-05-03
- hpijs Inkjet driver update
- lilo update (22.5.2-1 w/ fixed raid support)
- Rotate PNG and JPEG pictures from KDE contextmenu
- Added: qtparted, libsmbclient, ethtool
- The usual updates
Bygolly them fellers are workin' overtime on that there Knoppix!
Know anything about that ethtool Stephen?
Not yet but my download is about 20 min from finish so I will in about an hour.Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
I want to try qtparted again too it failed and froze the computer on me in the 04-28.
what is it like 2:30 AM way up there in the cold cold north?
Yeah it's getting late hockey was on it's the playoffs. Ethtool lets you find all kinds of settings for your eth card and configure them also. Qtparted works well I took a couple of partitions and expanded the extended one and recreated the old one inside worked perfectly it even formated it ext3. Had to start from the console and there was a warning about opening a reiser partition not being supported in the console when I closed the program.
That sounds great. I'm really glad qtp got included in Knoppix. I look forward to seeing it improve. If any of you get a chance to see how it handles repartitioning windows fs' I'd love to hear about it (esp NTFS). Supposedly it can resize NTFS.Originally Posted by Stephen
Oh shucks I don't have an NT partition to test it on. Whatever will I do? I know! I'll actually get some computing done. Really tho- it would be great to see an open source project take some of that market away from PM now wouldn't it? Soon I will be trying QTP out getting ready for my new Gentoo install. yupOriginally Posted by aay
Ah, someone else who likes *both* extremes - knoppix is all about instant gratification, gentoo is about building it all from scratch, painstakingly tweaking until you get everything just so. Both have their place, and in my book having experience at both ends of the spectrum makes for a well rounded geek.Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
![]()
re: jdiercks
Now if we could just get a Gentoo e-build script for building a Koppix CD!
Then we could have carefully tweaked & instant gratification??
any updates to the alsa configuration?
like having alsa autoconfigure itself after an install to the hd ?
maybe just a update to the knx-hdinstall script would do this

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$1090.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99