Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: V3.2-2003-05-03

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    V3.2-2003-05-03

    Changelog:
    * V3.2-2003-05-03
    - hpijs Inkjet driver update
    - lilo update (22.5.2-1 w/ fixed raid support)
    - Rotate PNG and JPEG pictures from KDE contextmenu
    - Added: qtparted, libsmbclient, ethtool
    - The usual updates

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Bygolly them fellers are workin' overtime on that there Knoppix!

    Know anything about that ethtool Stephen?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
    Bygolly them fellers are workin' overtime on that there Knoppix!

    Know anything about that ethtool Stephen?
    Not yet but my download is about 20 min from finish so I will in about an hour. I want to try qtparted again too it failed and froze the computer on me in the 04-28.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    what is it like 2:30 AM way up there in the cold cold north?

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Yeah it's getting late hockey was on it's the playoffs. Ethtool lets you find all kinds of settings for your eth card and configure them also. Qtparted works well I took a couple of partitions and expanded the extended one and recreated the old one inside worked perfectly it even formated it ext3. Had to start from the console and there was a warning about opening a reiser partition not being supported in the console when I closed the program.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    Qtparted works well I took a couple of partitions and expanded the extended one and recreated the old one inside worked perfectly it even formated it ext3.
    That sounds great. I'm really glad qtp got included in Knoppix. I look forward to seeing it improve. If any of you get a chance to see how it handles repartitioning windows fs' I'd love to hear about it (esp NTFS). Supposedly it can resize NTFS.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    Qtparted works well I took a couple of partitions and expanded the extended one and recreated the old one inside worked perfectly it even formated it ext3.
    That sounds great. I'm really glad qtp got included in Knoppix. I look forward to seeing it improve. If any of you get a chance to see how it handles repartitioning windows fs' I'd love to hear about it (esp NTFS). Supposedly it can resize NTFS.
    Oh shucks I don't have an NT partition to test it on. Whatever will I do? I know! I'll actually get some computing done. Really tho- it would be great to see an open source project take some of that market away from PM now wouldn't it? Soon I will be trying QTP out getting ready for my new Gentoo install. yup

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    6

    knoppix & gentoo

    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
    Soon I will be trying QTP out getting ready for my new Gentoo install. yup
    Ah, someone else who likes *both* extremes - knoppix is all about instant gratification, gentoo is about building it all from scratch, painstakingly tweaking until you get everything just so. Both have their place, and in my book having experience at both ends of the spectrum makes for a well rounded geek.

  9. #9
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    61

    Both extremes!

    re: jdiercks

    Now if we could just get a Gentoo e-build script for building a Koppix CD!

    Then we could have carefully tweaked & instant gratification??

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI USA
    Posts
    9

    alsa

    any updates to the alsa configuration?
    like having alsa autoconfigure itself after an install to the hd ?
    maybe just a update to the knx-hdinstall script would do this

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:47 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-18-2003, 01:28 PM
  3. kernel won't boot on 5/20/2003 or 6/6/2003
    By jedovaty in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:36 PM
  4. V3.2-2003-04-10
    By Stephen in forum News
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-14-2003, 04:03 AM
  5. V3.2-2003-04-09
    By aay in forum News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-11-2003, 02:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic picture

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic

$100.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More

$300.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A

$150.00



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed picture

Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed

$125.00



Vintage Apple Pro Mouse M5769 Wired Optical USB White/Clear picture

Vintage Apple Pro Mouse M5769 Wired Optical USB White/Clear

$24.99



Inside Macintosh Promotional Edition Vintage Apple Developer Book 1985 picture

Inside Macintosh Promotional Edition Vintage Apple Developer Book 1985

$32.00



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00