-
Red Hat Linux + Win98SE + Knoppix possible ?
I have Red Hat + Win98SE on a partitioned HD and a GRUB Boot loader.
What I want to do is the further partition the FAT32 drive so I can copy the Knoppix program file onto it
and run a "Poor Mans Install." ie knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda3 ( my 2nd FAT32 partition contain the knoppix program file, myconf=/mnt/hda3) And I want the Knoppix boot up option to come up on the Grub boot up menu. Editing the grub.conf file would obviously be done when I was running RH. What lines would need to be added ? And is this set up possible ? I assume it is. When running Knoppix could I view and read/write to my Red Hat filesystem ?
Alternately I could boot from a floppy and then load the above commands from the knoppix prompt, but I would rather not have to do that and go via the GRUB menu instead.
Thanks for any help.
Mr White
Similar Threads
-
By blokk.m in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-01-2009, 03:17 AM
-
By loaderman in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-25-2006, 05:57 PM
-
By skitzojase in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-06-2006, 07:56 AM
-
By Jakykong in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-14-2005, 08:36 AM
-
By a2ilindia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-21-2004, 02:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$278.99

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99

Unfi Security Gateway Pro
$170.00

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99