-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
firnsy
You can't use ash in the original minirt.gz to mount your squashfs image. Reason being is that it doesn't support the "-o loop" command needed. You'll have to replace with busybox or similar that has the -o loop command supported. I use busybox-1.01, but I believe 1.1.0 is out.
Firmsy:
Would you please be so kind to explain this little bit better?
I'm a little bit confused of this squasfs. I'm using initramfs and also that don't accept loopback image but cpio image. So I can't mount it like initrd:
Code:
# gunzip minirt.gz
# mount -o loop minirt /mount_point
but:
Code:
# gunzip minirt.gz
# cpio -i < minirt
(unpacks in the same direcortory where unzipped minirt is)
Kanotix seems to use squasfs and has busybox in minirt's /static directory. Also ash is there as a symlink to busybox.
I would like to test squasfs, too, but what are the steps to do? I have also compiled squasfs as a module in my kernel.
-tapsa-
Similar Threads
-
By nvgringo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-14-2007, 01:12 AM
-
By borgelite in forum German Forum
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-05-2006, 10:19 AM
-
By noob001 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-04-2006, 08:25 PM
-
By borgelite in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-24-2006, 05:18 PM
-
By wangji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 13
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 09:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2.0 LBS Vintage Scrap Memory RAM FOR Gold Recovery PC & SERVER RAM UNSHIELDED
$110.00

Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99

Vintage Apple Keyboard (MO110)
$61.30

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Vintage Mass Microsystems DataPak 88MB Removable External SCSI Hard Drive...
$149.99

Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264
$100.00

Vintage Dell Inspiron 7500 15" Pentium II 400MHz 128MB 4.8GB Windows 2000 Pro
$59.00

Vintage Retro Dell AT101R Mechanical PS2 Beige Keyboard
$45.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage Rare IBM ThinkPad G40 Laptop Untested Parts Only
$59.95