-

Originally Posted by
tr
I'm a little bit confused of this squashfs. I'm using initramfs and also that don't accept loopback image but cpio image. So I can't mount it like initrd:
Code:
# gunzip minirt.gz
# mount -o loop minirt /mount_point
The whole benefit (I believe of initramfs) is that you don't have to keep loopback mounting it. Similarly to the way you have the KNOPPIX filesystem in a seperate directory during remastering you can have a seperate MINIROOT filesystem directory, that way whenever you make changes to the MINIROOT filesystem you just recompress it. In my opinion that beats the, unziping, loopback mounting, make changes, unmounting, compressing cycle any day.

Originally Posted by
tr
Kanotix seems to use squasfs and has busybox in minirt's /static directory. Also ash is there as a symlink to busybox.
I would like to test squasfs, too, but what are the steps to do? I have also compiled squasfs as a module in my kernel.
-tapsa-
That's similar to what I did, compile busybox ensuring you have the essential options compiled in, the big one obviously to select is mount with loopback support, copy the busybox binary to /static, backup ash if you want, create a symlink from ash to busybox. You'll have to modify linuxrc slightly, I believe the function is mount_knoppix() where the KNOPPIX file is actually mounted. The syntax will be of the form (or to the effect of)
Code:
mount -t squashfs -o loop /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX /KNOPPIX

Originally Posted by
JeffElkins
Is there somewhere a downloadable working remaster with squashfs enabled that is based on a Knoppix 3.X structure?
My needs are simple. I have a working remaster made that is strictly for pendrive installation. However, I'm limited to kernel 2.6.7, since I can't seem to get a new cloop.o module compiled for later kernels (I get an invalid format error with insmod). Hence my interest in squashfs.
Kanotix would be starting point I'd imagine from what others have mentioned, grml is one I think, I will have one available in the next few weeks www.securixlive.com (but i'm sure you want it now)
Similar Threads
-
By nvgringo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-14-2007, 01:12 AM
-
By borgelite in forum German Forum
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-05-2006, 10:19 AM
-
By noob001 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-04-2006, 08:25 PM
-
By borgelite in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-24-2006, 05:18 PM
-
By wangji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 13
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 09:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99

Unfi Security Gateway Pro
$170.00

Alta Labs Route10 10Gbps Router Firewall 2x SFP+ 4x 2.5GbE 2x PoE+
$174.99