Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Screen looks ugly + partioning

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2

    Screen looks ugly + partioning

    Hello!

    First of all: I'm using Knoppix on Virtual PC.

    Okay, so here comes the problems.

    http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5715/knoppix7ag.png
    http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9249/knoppix24th.png

    As you can see in the picture. It's very unclear and ugly. How do you fix this?
    I'm a linux beginner and been searching and found out that I should configurate xorg but there is no corgcfg and xorgconfigure command.

    Could anyone help me with this?

    Second problem: When I run fdisk /dev/hda I get "Unable to open /dev/hda". I've also tryed to run "sudo fdisk /dev/hda"

    Thank you very much!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2
    Please, anyone?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376

    Re: Screen looks ugly + partioning

    Hello lost-member,

    Welcome to Knoppix.

    Quote Originally Posted by lost-member
    First of all: I'm using Knoppix on Virtual PC.
    Second problem: When I run fdisk /dev/hda I get "Unable to open /dev/hda".
    I also run Knoppix under Virtual PC (VPC for Mac 7.0.2) on OS X 10.4.5, so Knoppix can run smoothly under VPC. The only issue I've had is with detecting the correct NIC, but that has a simple workaround.

    Some questions for the first problem:

    - What version of VPC are you running?
    - What is the host OS and version?
    - What version of Knoppix are you running, 4.0.2 CD?
    - For VPC settings, how big is the PC memory?
    - For VPC settings, how big is Drive 1?

    For the second problem, can you boot into Knoppix, open a terminal, and type the following:

    Code:
    true ; ( set -x
    cat /etc/knoppix-version
    lspci
    cat /proc/partitions
    cat /proc/meminfo
    cat /proc/cpuinfo
    swapon -s
    ) &> output.txt
    Please post the contents of output.txt here.

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org

Similar Threads

  1. Partioning Drives etc etc....
    By giant_toaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-21-2005, 08:30 PM
  2. mouse pointer leaves ugly tracks on screen
    By LING in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2005, 12:26 PM
  3. cfdisk and partioning (I know there is already much about it
    By McGyver in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 10:25 PM
  4. KNOPPIX installer to Windows2000,XP,No partioning
    By patelbhavesh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2004, 05:12 AM
  5. Knoppix & partioning new disk on Maxtor ATA/100 PCI Adap
    By e.newed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 05:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$39.99



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears picture

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears

$99.99



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



~NIB~ Netgear GS728TPP-300NAS V3 24 PORT GIGABIT POE MNGD W. 4 SFP PORTS picture

~NIB~ Netgear GS728TPP-300NAS V3 24 PORT GIGABIT POE MNGD W. 4 SFP PORTS

$349.95