I'd like to try it, i click on download, but i wind up with a directory listing of files. What files do I download? How do I make a boot cd? Is it documented somewhere?
Thanks
Thanks, but the FAQ really doesn't tell me anything. The Knoppix main page says:
"If you would like to learn more about Knoppix, you could look at the FAQ's and Documentation, discuss it in the forums, or just try it out! - You can download it ( 700MB ) or buy it from a CD distributor, more info on the download / buy page."
The "or just try it out! you can download it..." doesn't really work. The "discuss in in the forums" doesn't seem to really be working either. There are about 40 files, plus about 10 directories. Are there instructions on how to make a boot cd that will boot up the product? Does it say which of these files are needed? I'd like to "just try it out", am I dreaming? Do I need to buy this "free" software to have something that will work so I can "just try it out"?
Thank you
You were given a link to the faq that gives you all of the information needed. A lot of people have put a lot of efort into making sure that that FAQ is pretty comprehensive. The second question in the FAQ is How do I get the CD/current beta? and the answer is pretty specific. Your response makes it seem like you really didn't even read this, you certainly are not quoting from it and explainin what part is not clear to you.Originally Posted by Bruce
If you are unable to follow these carefully written instructions that have been read and edited by many contributors here, then I have to suspect that anything I or others would write quickly to try to guide you would be of no help at all. I suggest that you go back and read the above faq completely, or perhaps that you would be happier sticking to Windows.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99
ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00