Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Yet another Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 3B Mini PCI problem

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2

    Yet another Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 3B Mini PCI problem

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to get my wireless network card working with knoppix 4.0. I tried the
    #wlcardconfig
    and
    #pump -i eth0

    and it works fine, i.e. I get connected to my router and I even get an ip address.

    Unfortunately, I can't get my web browser to work. When I launch the graphical Wifi configuration manager it seems as if I am connected (the bar is all green), I have an ip address, but there is a large question mark on the card and it says "UNKNOWN" below. Also, when I look in my router settings, I see my network card MAC address, and it says Wireless, Unknown.

    I also cannot ping my router (192.168.1.1)

    Does anyone have an idea what to do?

    I also have another question, if I would connect with my wired network card, how does the web browser know which connection to use? (The wired or the wireless)

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2

    solved my problems - still don't know how

    Hello everybody,
    I finally got my wireless adapter working, but in a very strange way. I tried booting knoppix with the network cord put in, and ran
    # pump -i eth1
    which worked fine. Now the internet worked, though with a wired connection. I then ran
    # wlcardconfig
    and then
    # route del default gw 192.168.1.1 eth1
    # route add default gw 192.168.1.1 eth0
    and took the network cord out. Now the wireless Internet worked!? I have still no idea why the normal procedure
    # wlcardconfig
    # pump -i eth0
    did not work, I think it is about the same thing?

    Best regards,
    Andreas

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2006, 03:44 PM
  2. 600m with Intel 2100 wireless
    By tofu in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 07:09 AM
  3. Intel Pro Wireless 2100 3A
    By muzicman82 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 12:51 AM
  4. MINI PCI Intel Pro Wireless 2100 3B and Knoppix 3.6
    By andreas2000 in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 09:08 AM
  5. Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B
    By pumix in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-13-2004, 10:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000 picture

HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000

$599.99



Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600  Win 10 picture

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10

$109.99



HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95 picture

HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95

$89.99