-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix saves the day
I got this Dell laptop running winxp. I use it primarily to run the Garmin car
navigation system.
The other day an app got hung and I had to shut the machine off to get out of it.
When I powered back up the keyboard had problems. Certain keys, when pressed, would
produce double entries of different characters than the one pressed.
The symptom persisted over several reboots. I ran Dell diagnostics which is independent of windows and it flagged that set of keys as being bad. Said it was a hardware issue. I called Dell tech support and they agreed to send me a new keyboard.
When the keyboard arrived, before installing same I decided to give the pc one more try. Only this time I loaded up my Knoppix 4.02 dvd. System behaved beautifully, no keyboard problem of any kind. Couldn't believe my eyes. I then rebooted into winxp os. Keyboard worked perfectly, no problems. I mailed the new keyboard back to Dell.
Similar Threads
-
By rsmanyan in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-09-2005, 06:45 PM
-
By Flitt in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-09-2003, 09:11 AM
-
By -=NTL=- in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-25-2003, 12:42 AM
-
By k.otaku in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-06-2003, 04:07 PM
-
By Stonent in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 01-12-2003, 08:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

Serial ATA two-port SATA PCI card (SiI3112 sil3112 chipset)
$18.99

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99