up![]()
I've tried both DVD and CD and 4.02 will not boot on my old IBM I1400 laptop. 4.0 boots just fine. The system will show 10 "disabling IRQ 15's than scan for usb/firewire than it hangs on loading file system from dev dvdrom.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
up![]()
I'm guessing when knoppix disables my IRQ 15 my DVD-ROM in the laptop is no longer visable and that is why knoppix hangs? If this is the case, does anyone know of a cheat code to prevent knoppix from disabling the IRQ 15?
Thanks in advance.
I too am having this problem, though it is with 'accelerated knoppix'.
I notice your original post has 2 replies and 227 views, so I'm guessing others are interested.
A google search suggests ide controllers. I have tried many other live CDs and have not
had this problem before. In particular I've used knoppix 3.4, 3.6, and 3.7 with no problems.
Anyone know what's going on here?
Hi,
me too facing the same problem but i tried with acpi=off option in boot prompt it works fine for me.

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$70.00
Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06
Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21
VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67