up![]()
I've tried both DVD and CD and 4.02 will not boot on my old IBM I1400 laptop. 4.0 boots just fine. The system will show 10 "disabling IRQ 15's than scan for usb/firewire than it hangs on loading file system from dev dvdrom.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
up![]()
I'm guessing when knoppix disables my IRQ 15 my DVD-ROM in the laptop is no longer visable and that is why knoppix hangs? If this is the case, does anyone know of a cheat code to prevent knoppix from disabling the IRQ 15?
Thanks in advance.
I too am having this problem, though it is with 'accelerated knoppix'.
I notice your original post has 2 replies and 227 views, so I'm guessing others are interested.
A google search suggests ide controllers. I have tried many other live CDs and have not
had this problem before. In particular I've used knoppix 3.4, 3.6, and 3.7 with no problems.
Anyone know what's going on here?
Hi,
me too facing the same problem but i tried with acpi=off option in boot prompt it works fine for me.

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$111.30
Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 Raid Card 12Gbps HBA HDD Controller 9300-8i
$16.99
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$202.46