up![]()
I've tried both DVD and CD and 4.02 will not boot on my old IBM I1400 laptop. 4.0 boots just fine. The system will show 10 "disabling IRQ 15's than scan for usb/firewire than it hangs on loading file system from dev dvdrom.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
up![]()
I'm guessing when knoppix disables my IRQ 15 my DVD-ROM in the laptop is no longer visable and that is why knoppix hangs? If this is the case, does anyone know of a cheat code to prevent knoppix from disabling the IRQ 15?
Thanks in advance.
I too am having this problem, though it is with 'accelerated knoppix'.
I notice your original post has 2 replies and 227 views, so I'm guessing others are interested.
A google search suggests ide controllers. I have tried many other live CDs and have not
had this problem before. In particular I've used knoppix 3.4, 3.6, and 3.7 with no problems.
Anyone know what's going on here?
Hi,
me too facing the same problem but i tried with acpi=off option in boot prompt it works fine for me.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming 3 AMD Socket AM4 DDR4 4-Slot Gaming HDMI DVI
$60.00
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00