up![]()
I've tried both DVD and CD and 4.02 will not boot on my old IBM I1400 laptop. 4.0 boots just fine. The system will show 10 "disabling IRQ 15's than scan for usb/firewire than it hangs on loading file system from dev dvdrom.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
up![]()
I'm guessing when knoppix disables my IRQ 15 my DVD-ROM in the laptop is no longer visable and that is why knoppix hangs? If this is the case, does anyone know of a cheat code to prevent knoppix from disabling the IRQ 15?
Thanks in advance.
I too am having this problem, though it is with 'accelerated knoppix'.
I notice your original post has 2 replies and 227 views, so I'm guessing others are interested.
A google search suggests ide controllers. I have tried many other live CDs and have not
had this problem before. In particular I've used knoppix 3.4, 3.6, and 3.7 with no problems.
Anyone know what's going on here?
Hi,
me too facing the same problem but i tried with acpi=off option in boot prompt it works fine for me.

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67
Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99
Compressed Air Duster,150000Rpm Electric Air Duster, Vacuum Cleaner & Bag Vacuum
$72.62