-
Senior Member
registered user
3.7 remaster with patched orinoco drivers
I have been working on a remaster of Knoppix 3.7 for about a year it boots to the default kernel 2.4.27. I want to patch the orinoco drivers so that I can run kismet. It seems that the PCMCIA drivers in Knoppix are built into the kernel. I can not find the pcmcia-cs. Can I download the source for pcmcia-cs-3.2.1 and compile it without having to recompile the linux kernel? Also the orinoco drivers seem to be in the /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ directory. Is this where I would want to install and recompile pcmcia-cs? as opposed to /usr/src?
Similar Threads
-
By cara in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-14-2005, 11:13 PM
-
By koolaide187 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 09:19 PM
-
By nmz787 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 08:37 AM
-
By GuyLeDouche in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 08:56 PM
-
By Tigren in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 07:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$482.02

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$372.48

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99

NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD
$444.99

SanDisk Ultra Fit 1TB USB 3.1 Flash Drive SDCZ430-1T00-G46 - Used Black
$250.00

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$569.98

1TB SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD (Recertified) - A196-SDSSDE61-1T00
$150.99