-
Senior Member
registered user
3.7 remaster with patched orinoco drivers
I have been working on a remaster of Knoppix 3.7 for about a year it boots to the default kernel 2.4.27. I want to patch the orinoco drivers so that I can run kismet. It seems that the PCMCIA drivers in Knoppix are built into the kernel. I can not find the pcmcia-cs. Can I download the source for pcmcia-cs-3.2.1 and compile it without having to recompile the linux kernel? Also the orinoco drivers seem to be in the /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ directory. Is this where I would want to install and recompile pcmcia-cs? as opposed to /usr/src?
Similar Threads
-
By cara in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-14-2005, 11:13 PM
-
By koolaide187 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 09:19 PM
-
By nmz787 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 08:37 AM
-
By GuyLeDouche in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 08:56 PM
-
By Tigren in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 07:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL380/DL360 Gen9 (P89) P89_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$37.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99