-
Problem with a Persistent KNOPPIX home directory
Hello:
As some of you may know I have been fighting with Windows2000 and Knoppix for several hours now. I overcame some problems but I still have a problem with persistent /home/knoppix directory .
I relatively easily set up PH directory with Knoppix 3.2 CD ROM. I can access that directory when I use Knoppix from CD ROM, but I can't access it using Knoppix from harddisk. home=/dev/hda8 option doesn't work (other options work fine).
I thought that I could simply "sudo mout /dev/hda8 at /home/knoppix" or "sudo mount /dev/hda8 /ramdisk/home/knoppix" (after removing /home/knoppix) but it doesn't work. Should I use any special option? Or it's a nonsense?
Could anyone be so kind to help me in this matter ? Please.
Thank you.
w.
BTW: What's the difference between /home/knoppix and /ramdisk/home/knoppix ?
BTW2: I have two versions of Knoppix 3.2. Recent version (April 2
doesn't set persistent home directory at all while the older (March 21) does it without any problem.
Similar Threads
-
By bucodi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 10:05 PM
-
By harryc in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-09-2005, 03:01 AM
-
By ddrex in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 07:52 PM
-
By hawkeye in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 08:42 PM
-
By spydie in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 12:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99