Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Problem with a Persistent KNOPPIX home directory

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland.
    Posts
    55

    Problem with a Persistent KNOPPIX home directory

    Hello:

    As some of you may know I have been fighting with Windows2000 and Knoppix for several hours now. I overcame some problems but I still have a problem with persistent /home/knoppix directory .

    I relatively easily set up PH directory with Knoppix 3.2 CD ROM. I can access that directory when I use Knoppix from CD ROM, but I can't access it using Knoppix from harddisk. home=/dev/hda8 option doesn't work (other options work fine).

    I thought that I could simply "sudo mout /dev/hda8 at /home/knoppix" or "sudo mount /dev/hda8 /ramdisk/home/knoppix" (after removing /home/knoppix) but it doesn't work. Should I use any special option? Or it's a nonsense?

    Could anyone be so kind to help me in this matter ? Please.

    Thank you.

    w.

    BTW: What's the difference between /home/knoppix and /ramdisk/home/knoppix ?
    BTW2: I have two versions of Knoppix 3.2. Recent version (April 2 doesn't set persistent home directory at all while the older (March 21) does it without any problem.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland.
    Posts
    55

    Re: Problem with a Persistent KNOPPIX home directory

    OK, it is working.

    icr channel helped me to ... try again.

    Many thanks.

    w

  3. #3
    Let us know how you fixed your problem. Then everyone can learn from your experiences.

    Thanks

    Jim

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland.
    Posts
    55
    loadlin syntax was not correct.

    loadlin.exe vmlinuz init=/etc/init home=/dev/hda8 lang=pl vga=3 initrd=miniroot.gz quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix home directory not persistent ?
    By bucodi in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2005, 10:05 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 03:01 AM
  3. 3.8 persistent home directory
    By ddrex in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2005, 07:52 PM
  4. Problem creating a persistent home directory
    By hawkeye in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 08:42 PM
  5. Create a persistent Knoppix home directory?
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2003, 12:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A

$49.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$36.99



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$259.00



Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250

$25.99