-
KNOPPIX-4.02-DVD HDD Install aborts with Xdialog Fatal error
Hi,
I want to install KNOPPIX 4.02-DVD on a VMWare Virtual Machine.
PS: I've done the same 3 years ago with KNOPPIX 3.4 CD, which worked well.
The following VMWARE hardware configuration has been setup :
You can view a screenshot at [/img]http://files.to/get.php?cid=8b693cd946db1d7075446f9ff0442e66[img]
What do I execute in sequence:
1. startup the vmware machine which will load and read the DVD.
2. at the first prompt I type:
knoppix keyboard=be xkeyboard=be
3. I wait to boot and that Knoppix shows me the desktop
4. start up the console
5. type in: dmesg | grep drive$
6. the drive is hda
7. than I type: sudo cfdisk -z /dev/hda
8. I setup a primary boot and a swap partition
9. than I type: sudo mkswap /dev/hda1
10. than I type: swapon -a
Two screenshots represents the above actions 4. thru 10.
[/img]http://files.to/get.php?cid=d6a535c520ae86f000960237e3c7f26a[img]
[/img]http://files.to/get.php?cid=6fbfd5a70aa2262d9ed2fa5b7a3f2b3b[img]
11. I perform now the qtparted action : prep and commit
The result of this is seen at: [/img]http://files.to/get.php?cid=e8f6129499b9d1e59973118ab6e4199d[img]
12. Now I enter: IGNORE_CHECK=1 sudo knoppix-installer
13. I choose : Configure Installation and choose the "recommended nr. 1" choice : debian setup
14. Now I get the fatal error of XDIALOG : MISSING LIST PARAMETERS
15. You can see this screen at: [/img]http://files.to/get.php?cid=bd0ff7787c388534dc0606f6dce506ca[img]
PS: selecting any other choice results in the same error and abort.
Can some knoppix shed some light on this problem. For me it is getting dark.
Thanks for your help & support.
Bobke[/img]
Similar Threads
-
By nicoDVD2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-23-2008, 07:17 PM
-
By bart_999 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-27-2006, 01:20 PM
-
By eq2675 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2005, 12:31 AM
-
By rosemeyer2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 06:45 PM
-
By bubazoo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 05:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00