Is there somewhere on-line one can go to find the complete list of packages that are included in a given (standard) Knoppix image?
Here's the context: a question arose about wiping a hard disk. I thought I remembered that Knoppix included a utility to do this, so I wanted to say "if you have a knoppix disk around, you can boot it and ..." But I wanted to confirm first, so I went looking for the list of packages. Couldn't find it; not even for the current distribution. (As it happens, I have a hardcopy of "Knoppix Hacks," and it has a hack for wiping a hard drive, so that specific question is answered. But the question of how to get the list of packages remains.)
I know that when you boot the cd, there is a link to the list. (As I remember, the link actually pointed to ftp://knopper.net.) But you should not have to boot a machine to answer this question. And ideally you would be able to find out on a per-ISO basis. So, for example, if you want to know whether a given package is on (a) the 3.8 CD, (b) the 4.0 CD, or (c) the 4.0 DVD, you would be able to find out even if you didn't have that particular item in your hands.
If someone can point me to the information, I'll make an effort to add it to the wiki in the appropriate place.
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Complete...d_with_KnoppixOriginally Posted by UnderScore

OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro Qx2 4-Bay RAID Enclosure + SATA 1394 -USB 2.0 (8TB)
$180.00
Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49