Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Printer not working

  1. #1
    Donkitt
    Guest

    Printer not working

    I just installed Knoppix on my hd, everything seems O.K., but I can't print anything. Where in KPrinter is the driver list? For "printer name" and "print system currently used" what options do I select? When I try to print I get a warning that says "file format text/xml not directly supported by current print system" and asks me if I want to convert it. When I press convert another warning tells me that I "can't save print file to /home/knoppix/print.ps" and to "check that I have write access to it". What do I do? I've tried printing from both AbiWord and KWrite without any luck.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4

    Same here

    I have the same problem. My printer is installed, and shows up in the print window when I try to print. When I say go, it does nothing.
    When I look at the CUPS print manager, it shows the job as paused, with a notation that it "failed."

    Is there some screen where I can enable my printer or print queue?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
  2. Printer issues CUPS/Printer Server/OptraE+
    By rec9140 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 05:24 PM
  3. usb printer
    By jackren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-14-2003, 05:24 PM
  4. Cannot Add Printer....
    By batteryman in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2003, 04:53 PM
  5. Sound working / not working on Knoppix 3.2
    By Tortoise in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-04-2003, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4

$154.76



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD

$349.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08