Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Knoppix-installer.po file ???

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    32

    Knoppix-installer.po file ???

    Hello

    Where can I find knoppix-installer.po file. I need it for my translation.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    32
    I got it!

    From sources:

    http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian....3.19.16.tar.gz
    http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian....3.19.14.tar.gz

    (1) Unpack the files
    (2) Find knoppix-installer.po for example in English or Deutsch language
    (3) Edit this file by POEDIT (even under Windows).

    POEDIT will create a knoppix-installer.mo file (this is language loaclization file for knoppix-installer).

    Copy your knoppix-installer.mo file to your source (reamstering process) directory /usr/share/locale/"your language"/LC_MESSAGES

    *) "your language" - en, de, pl ...

    That is it!

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmartin
    http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian....3.19.16.tar.gz

    (1) Unpack the files
    (2) Find knoppix-installer.po for example in English or Deutsch language
    (3) Edit this file by POEDIT (even under Windows).

    POEDIT will create a knoppix-installer.mo file (this is language loaclization file for knoppix-installer).

    Copy your knoppix-installer.mo file to your source (reamstering process) directory /usr/share/locale/"your language"/LC_MESSAGES

    *) "your language" - en, de, pl ...
    I don't get this to work with Kanotix's installer. Files should be knoppix-installer.mo and knxinstaller.mo (for GUI). I have translated fi.po from german (de.po) with poedit and it got saved as fi.mo. Then I copied this to knoppix-installer.mo and knxinstaller.mo and copied these to /usr/share/locale/fi_FI/LC_MESSAGES. Knoppix-installer seems to be translated partially but knxinstaller not at all. Have I missed something or is knxinstaller.mo totally different file (as I think)? Where to find sources for Kanotix's installers? My Kanotix Installer seems to be version 0.4.

    -tapsa-

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    32
    Hi TR

    I don't know how works Kanotix installer.

    In Knoppix 4.0.2 DVD i translated only knoppix-installer.mo (from sources de.po with POEDIT).

    It works in text mode and GUI (KDE).

    Sorry, but I don't know Kanotix installer. My remastering base was Knoppix 4.0.2 DVD.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Romania, Bucharest
    Posts
    8
    i think kanotix installer isn't mantained anymore so use knoppix-installer..

    Do not use "knx-hdinstall" anymore. "knx-hdinstall" is no longer maintained, use "knoppix-installer" instead.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmartin
    I don't know how works Kanotix installer.

    In Knoppix 4.0.2 DVD i translated only knoppix-installer.mo (from sources de.po with POEDIT).

    It works in text mode and GUI (KDE).
    Thank you. I think that also Knoppix uses Kanotix's installer. And I found also where to get sources. Just added to /etc/apt /sources.list:
    Code:
    deb http://kanotix.com/files/debian sid main contrib non-free
    deb-src http://kanotix.com/files/debian sid main contrib non-free
    and run /etc/sbin/kanotix-installer-latest-web
    Now knx-installer_0.4.0.19.tar.gz was downloaded to my home directory with wget. The version is far beyond Knoppix's installer

    There is also /usr/sbin/knoppix-installer-latest-web and with it my po file seems to work perfectly if copied to /usr/share/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES - not to fi_FI!. So there must be something more with Kanotix's installer than only translating po file.

    Speaking of GUI I meant Kanotix's new graphical frontend to knoppix-installer and it is invoked by typing knxinstaller

    -tapsa-

Similar Threads

  1. ver 5.0.1 knoppix-installer
    By jerrybee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2006, 07:23 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
  3. no installer in knoppix 3.6??
    By Danielx11 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 07:03 PM
  4. knoppix-installer
    By CrashedAgain in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 11:31 PM
  5. Knoppix Installer
    By oreo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2003, 11:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM picture

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM

$139.99



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$289.80



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Samsung 128GB 8x16GB DDR3L-1600 ECC RDIMM M393B2G70QH0-YK0 Server RAM picture

Samsung 128GB 8x16GB DDR3L-1600 ECC RDIMM M393B2G70QH0-YK0 Server RAM

$149.99



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50