-
How to put stuff in /home/knoppix?
Hello,
I'm currently remastering Knoppix 3.9 and I was wondering, what the common way to put files in /home/knoppix should be. I previously tried to put those files/directories in /etc/skel but somehow, they didn't appear in /home/knoppix after boot. I read something about extracting a tar ball on boot to /home/knoppix, but I don't know where I should put the tar command, e.g. which script is supposed to do such initialization work.
In detail, I want to add some desktop icons, remove the default ones and add one directory with customized application settings to /home/knoppix.
I'd appreciate your help, greetings
Tobias
Similar Threads
-
By GaTk in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-10-2005, 06:43 PM
-
By silvershadow in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-02-2004, 12:55 PM
-
By turbine in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 05:40 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-21-2003, 01:30 PM
-
By in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-15-2003, 10:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive with Power Supply, MPN C061636 (Vintage)
$80.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00