Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to put stuff in /home/knoppix?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4

    How to put stuff in /home/knoppix?

    Hello,
    I'm currently remastering Knoppix 3.9 and I was wondering, what the common way to put files in /home/knoppix should be. I previously tried to put those files/directories in /etc/skel but somehow, they didn't appear in /home/knoppix after boot. I read something about extracting a tar ball on boot to /home/knoppix, but I don't know where I should put the tar command, e.g. which script is supposed to do such initialization work.

    In detail, I want to add some desktop icons, remove the default ones and add one directory with customized application settings to /home/knoppix.

    I'd appreciate your help, greetings
    Tobias

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4
    Thanks for your help, I haven't come across that article...

Similar Threads

  1. Where is stuff in/on Knoppix 4.0 DVD
    By GaTk in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 06:43 PM
  2. Add knoppix along with other stuff on dvd
    By silvershadow in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 12:55 PM
  3. knoppix 3.3 stuff
    By turbine in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 05:40 PM
  4. Where is the dvd stuff installed in Knoppix
    By beforewisdom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2003, 01:30 PM
  5. Changing some stuff inside /home/knoppix
    By in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 10:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU

$99.99



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99



Intel Core i7-14700K Processor (BRAND NEW) picture

Intel Core i7-14700K Processor (BRAND NEW)

$330.00