Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Problem setting up printer

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1

    Problem setting up printer

    Hi everyone,

    I had the idea to setup a print server with an old computer I have laying around. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be able to find my printer. I run the wizard and it hangs after I select the appopriate driver (hp psc 1210 usb). The cd drive keeps churning, but nothing happens over the course of about 40 minutes. I'm using the latest distripution (4.0.2). If no one has any ideas, can you suggest another live-cd that might work? Occasionally, I will be able to move the mouse, but it is mostly locked up. Thanks for any help you can offer.

    ~Steve

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    I 've had the same issue with my hp-psc 2210 usb, but only in 'live mode'.After having installed knoppix the printer will work correctly. Once I've tested Ubuntu and it work 'out of the box' with live cd (if I remember right, whithout any setting config to do!) .

Similar Threads

  1. setting up local printer problems - greyed out
    By Chris2222 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 01:05 AM
  2. Problem setting up LAN
    By Twan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 11:07 PM
  3. Setting up printer on 5.01 dvd
    By turbine in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2006, 05:53 AM
  4. problem setting a clusterknoppix v3.6 cluster
    By asddsa in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2006, 11:41 PM
  5. Setting up Printer and Modem
    By Mic Q in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 04:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99



Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4 picture

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4

$39.00



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Seagate 3.5

Seagate 3.5" Desktop HDD 3TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 1ER166-510

$39.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



Seagate ST1000VM002 1TB 5900RPM 3.5

Seagate ST1000VM002 1TB 5900RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s HDD | PC DVR CCTV | | 1Y

$55.95