-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
A. Jorge Garcia
OK, so I tried what you said. I made a WINME Startup Disk (rescue disk) and replaced the contents of autoexec.bat with
c:
cd \knoppix
loadlin vmlinuz ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=en vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz screen=1280x1024 BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
which all fit on one line. I also got rid of all the sections in config.sys except [common] and voila, it booted from hda1 properly.
Glad to hear I helped. I'd still advise using the loadlin parameter file,
keeping as many of the original syslinux.cfg parameters as posiible
without them being silently swallowed by the (DOS) command line interpreter.

Originally Posted by
A. Jorge Garcia
The only thing I don't like is all the rescue files on the disk. Which of these files can I get rid of?
Also, it says WINME Startup Disk on the screen when it boots - can I get rid of that?
Yes you can: I just came across a freedos boot disk, apparently prepared for
installing slackware (a linux distro), with fat32 support and loadlin.exe included:
http://www.userlocal.com/dosslack/
Just delete/rename config.sys + autoexec.bat and replace them with a
plain loadlin invocation, and you'll be using nothing but GPL'd software!
Btw, which rescue files are you talking about?
Similar Threads
-
By ijuz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-07-2005, 05:02 AM
-
By WolfCub in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 10:47 AM
-
By Superstoned in forum Ideas
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-28-2004, 03:33 PM
-
By umbra in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-29-2003, 07:20 PM
-
By newguy in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-08-2003, 10:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine IBM ThinkPad Trackpoint Tip Cap Pack 91P8421 NEW OLD STOCK -SEALED - OEM
$8.88

Vintage IBM 5140 PC Convertible Power Supply AC Adapter Charger 2684292 OEM
$39.99

IBM 5763-SS1 R02M00 AS/400 Cumulative PTFS Operating System/400 V3 LOT 6 OEM New
$999.99

2025 NEW Genuine OEM BATTERY for IBM 00Y4643 00Y4594 90Y7689 90Y7632 V3700 V3500
$119.00

IBM OEM Genuine 1969-009 CD Driver Untested As PARTS. Read Description.
$32.99

IBM 6450350 OEM PS/2 2-Button Ball Mouse NEW NOS Made in Japan
$19.99

IBM OEM Genuine 1969-010 CD Driver Untested
$40.49

IBM OEM Model DTTA-371440 14.4 GB 12V 500 A
$70.00

IBM Keyboard Model KB-8923 UNTESTED Vintage Genuine OEM
$18.95

IBM KB-9910 PS2 Keyboard Black Full Size Wired OEM 37L2551 Classic PC Tested
$19.03