-
Senior Member
registered user
I just installed a new lab of 25 Dell Optiplex GX270s using the "Poor Man's Dual Boot" and this DOSBootFloppy method.
In my old lab, I used paired down WIN98 rescue disks plus the following autoexec.bat:
c:
cd c:\knoppix
loadlin vmlinuz ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=en vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
That was for booting off hda1. Now I'm booting off hda5 and the vga=791 cheat had to be replaced with vga=normal screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=60. Otherwise I was stuck with 640x480 resolution. I can't get sound to work on these PCs, but I'll live for now. So I installed 20030726 (see http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=21881) and used the following autoexec.bat from a WINXP boot disk:
d:
cd d:\knoppix
loadlin vmlinuz ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=en vga=normal screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=60 initrd=miniroot.gz quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
I hate these onboard intell chips for video and sound. If anyone has problems with these video chips, maybe this will help. Anyone know how to deal with the sound chip? alsa didn't help....
Regards,
Similar Threads
-
By ijuz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-07-2005, 05:02 AM
-
By WolfCub in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 10:47 AM
-
By Superstoned in forum Ideas
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-28-2004, 03:33 PM
-
By umbra in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-29-2003, 07:20 PM
-
By newguy in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-08-2003, 10:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone
$699.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box
$1500.00

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99