Quote Originally Posted by baldyeti
Quote Originally Posted by garyng
As a side note, what is the implication about licensing/copyright etc. ? Or are there any free DOS available on the net like some left overs from DRI ?
You do own a license for those WinME installations, don't you ?
Create a boot/install floppy from the CD, make some room for
loadlin.exe, invoke it from autoexec.bat, and be done.
Now if you've "lost" the cdrom, there's always http://www.bootdisk.com/.
I do not know whether their freedos/drdos disks have fat32 support,
though...
Um, are there still DOS in ME ? I know one can still create bootable floppy from 98 but seems that it has gone in ME.

Even one has a valid DOS license, would the described usage violate that ? We are talking about making bootable floppies and distributed it to others. In fact, I am wondering how can www.bootdisk.com distribute such thing without violating the license.

Seems that FREEDOS does support FAT32.