Quote Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
Do you think I can get rid of drvspace.bin, or is it required to boot the DOS disk for some reason?

BTW,
loadlin vmlinuz ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=en vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz screen=1280x1024 BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
did not work in both my labs at school (unsupported vert refresh rate?).

However,
loadlin vmlinuz ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=en vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
did work in both labs and at home. TADA!

Oh, one more question. vga=791 means what exactly? I'd like to know how to tweek that a bit. I'm sure the 7 sets something and the 9 something else, etc.

Again, many thanx to you all,
Unfortunately, you can't dump the drvspace.bin file if you are using 32 bit DOS. In DOS 6.22 you could, like I said - stupid.

Here is a vga= list:

# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x64k
vga = 791

# Normal VGA console
# vga = normal

# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x64k
# vga=791

# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x32k
# vga=790

# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x256
# vga=773

# VESA framebuffer console @ 800x600x64k
# vga=788

# VESA framebuffer console @ 800x600x32k
# vga=787

# VESA framebuffer console @ 800x600x256
# vga=771

# VESA framebuffer console @ 640x480x64k
# vga=785

# VESA framebuffer console @ 640x480x32k
# vga=784

# VESA framebuffer console @ 640x480x256
# vga=769