-
Problems booting. freezes when booting
Brand new to Linux. Was able to test drive Knoppix 4.02 on another computer at work. Liked what I saw. Trying to boot on my home computer but freezes getting the message "No Suitable X-server found on your card". I have an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 video chipset on my motherboard. Am able to boot SLAX linux on the home computer w/o problems. Please help out a newbie who wants to explore the wonderful world of Knoppix. Is there a cheat code I can enter?
Thanks!!!
-
Oh, yes I almost forgot. I did verify my ISO Image with md5sum.
-
Figured it out on my own... I have a Sony 19" LCD. I had to change the refresh rate on it to 60hz.
Boot: knoppix xvrefresh=60.
work.
Similar Threads
-
By iltmpz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-24-2009, 01:11 PM
-
By TJ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-12-2005, 10:00 PM
-
By Mirag3 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-07-2005, 04:45 AM
-
By rockinrodent in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 10-19-2005, 01:18 PM
-
By njmetalmeister in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-05-2004, 10:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00

DOS Joystick Gameport to USB Converter - Adapter (NEW, 3-axis, 2-button)
$49.95

Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac
$35.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67