-
Problems booting. freezes when booting
Brand new to Linux. Was able to test drive Knoppix 4.02 on another computer at work. Liked what I saw. Trying to boot on my home computer but freezes getting the message "No Suitable X-server found on your card". I have an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 video chipset on my motherboard. Am able to boot SLAX linux on the home computer w/o problems. Please help out a newbie who wants to explore the wonderful world of Knoppix. Is there a cheat code I can enter?
Thanks!!!
-
Oh, yes I almost forgot. I did verify my ISO Image with md5sum.
-
Figured it out on my own... I have a Sony 19" LCD. I had to change the refresh rate on it to 60hz.
Boot: knoppix xvrefresh=60.
work.
Similar Threads
-
By iltmpz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-24-2009, 01:11 PM
-
By TJ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-12-2005, 10:00 PM
-
By Mirag3 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-07-2005, 04:45 AM
-
By rockinrodent in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 10-19-2005, 01:18 PM
-
By njmetalmeister in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-05-2004, 10:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$379.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Mixed Brand 120/128/240/256GB SSD 2.5" SATA III 6GB/s Internal Solid State Drive
$34.99

Samsung 860 Pro 256GB V-NAND SATA Solid State Drive SSD MZ-76P256 MZ7KH256HAHQ
$49.95