-
Cannot write to portable storage
Hello! I just got Knoppix a few days ago, and just worked my way into getting it online, so here I am. 
Firstly, I'm very sorry if there is already a topic adressing it; I searched a lot, but didn't find anything pertinent.
Secondly, I'm very new to Linux, but a few of my friends give rave reviews and said knoppix was the easiest to run. I'm not too keen on partitioning my harddrive, so I'm just running off the live CD.
So, onto my actual question. As stated before, I'm running Knoppix (right now, actually) off a live CD, just to see if I can get used to this whole Linux thing. However, I still have papers to write, and I would like to be able to save them. I have a portable storage device, a "cruzer mini 512" flash drive, USB 2.0. Knoppix sees it, and I can open up the files, but I can't save to them. I have the permissions set to read and write for the individual files and the drive as a whole, but when I save a file to it, I get this message: "The document could not be saved, as it was not possible to write to file:///mnt/sda1/[My Name's]%20Stuff/test.h. Check that you have write access to this file or that enough disk space is availabe." Just as a note, I did take out my name, because I'm paranoid like that. 
Now, as I look, using konqueror, I see that I have three hard disks. One is /UNIONFS/dev/hda1, the other hda2, and the last sda1. Now, I don't know where hda2 came from, but hda1, as I can see, is my computer's hard drive, and the sda1 is the portable storage device. All of them have "0 B" for size, and all of them are called "mounted hard disk volume".
So, in short, how do I save files of whatever sort to sda1, my portable storage?
Thank you very much,
Gaj.
Similar Threads
-
By Merlin179 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-16-2005, 06:06 AM
-
By jjbergdolt in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-23-2005, 05:08 PM
-
By pau1knopp in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 9
Last Post: 07-01-2005, 04:02 PM
-
By ICPUG in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-29-2005, 06:40 PM
-
By MorskNorsk in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-28-2003, 09:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

(LOT of 8) Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V-RB2-12 DDR4 Cisco Server RAM Tested 100%
$1299.99

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S 2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory
$27.95

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

LOT OF 16 M321R4GA0PB2-CCP Samsung 32GB DDR5-6400MHz ECC REG RDIMM 1Rx4 Memory
$24000.00

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$378.00

SK hynix 32GB 4x8GB PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM HMA41GR7AFR4N-UH
$125.00