What? They made a kernel 4.0? Without bothering with 3.x? By Linux you mean Knoppix, I hope.
Greetings all! My USB stick, will just about boot up Linux 4.0 (1.0 GB stick). Regretfully, however, when the Knoppix screen comes up, and I hit "enter" to boot, nothing happens! The Knoppix dashboard splash screen just looks at me. I have no action at the prompt. What am I doing wrong? As far as I know, all files are copied over, and the syslinux is a current, known good one.
Thanks for the help everyone
Jim
What? They made a kernel 4.0? Without bothering with 3.x? By Linux you mean Knoppix, I hope.
Yeah, forgive the transposition...
Now that that has been cleared up, any solution to my problem?
Thanks![]()
Not that I can think of. There isn't any special boot argument that you need to pass to the bootloader is there?

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX
$14.99
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00