What? They made a kernel 4.0? Without bothering with 3.x? By Linux you mean Knoppix, I hope.
Greetings all! My USB stick, will just about boot up Linux 4.0 (1.0 GB stick). Regretfully, however, when the Knoppix screen comes up, and I hit "enter" to boot, nothing happens! The Knoppix dashboard splash screen just looks at me. I have no action at the prompt. What am I doing wrong? As far as I know, all files are copied over, and the syslinux is a current, known good one.
Thanks for the help everyone
Jim
What? They made a kernel 4.0? Without bothering with 3.x? By Linux you mean Knoppix, I hope.
Yeah, forgive the transposition...
Now that that has been cleared up, any solution to my problem?
Thanks![]()
Not that I can think of. There isn't any special boot argument that you need to pass to the bootloader is there?

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$250.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99