-
USB Booting of Knoppix 4.0, a little problem
Greetings all! My USB stick, will just about boot up Linux 4.0 (1.0 GB stick). Regretfully, however, when the Knoppix screen comes up, and I hit "enter" to boot, nothing happens! The Knoppix dashboard splash screen just looks at me. I have no action at the prompt. What am I doing wrong? As far as I know, all files are copied over, and the syslinux is a current, known good one.
Thanks for the help everyone 
Jim
-
Senior Member
registered user
What? They made a kernel 4.0? Without bothering with 3.x? By Linux you mean Knoppix, I hope.
-
Um... Yeah... Knoppix...
Yeah, forgive the transposition...
Now that that has been cleared up, any solution to my problem?
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
Not that I can think of. There isn't any special boot argument that you need to pass to the bootloader is there?
Similar Threads
-
By ashish in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-09-2007, 10:08 PM
-
By jsim1982 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 14
Last Post: 02-26-2006, 12:45 AM
-
By geosan in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-09-2004, 11:52 PM
-
By jobs in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-05-2004, 01:52 PM
-
By soar in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC
$4.95

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99