Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Yet another Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 3B Mini PCI problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2

    Yet another Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 3B Mini PCI problem

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to get my wireless network card working with knoppix 4.0. I tried the
    #wlcardconfig
    and
    #pump -i eth0

    and it works fine, i.e. I get connected to my router and I even get an ip address.

    Unfortunately, I can't get my web browser to work. When I launch the graphical Wifi configuration manager it seems as if I am connected (the bar is all green), I have an ip address, but there is a large question mark on the card and it says "UNKNOWN" below. Also, when I look in my router settings, I see my network card MAC address, and it says Wireless, Unknown.

    I also cannot ping my router (192.168.1.1)

    Does anyone have an idea what to do?

    I also have another question, if I would connect with my wired network card, how does the web browser know which connection to use? (The wired or the wireless)

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2

    solved my problems - still don't know how

    Hello everybody,
    I finally got my wireless adapter working, but in a very strange way. I tried booting knoppix with the network cord put in, and ran
    # pump -i eth1
    which worked fine. Now the internet worked, though with a wired connection. I then ran
    # wlcardconfig
    and then
    # route del default gw 192.168.1.1 eth1
    # route add default gw 192.168.1.1 eth0
    and took the network cord out. Now the wireless Internet worked!? I have still no idea why the normal procedure
    # wlcardconfig
    # pump -i eth0
    did not work, I think it is about the same thing?

    Best regards,
    Andreas

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2006, 03:44 PM
  2. 600m with Intel 2100 wireless
    By tofu in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 07:09 AM
  3. Intel Pro Wireless 2100 3A
    By muzicman82 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 12:51 AM
  4. MINI PCI Intel Pro Wireless 2100 3B and Knoppix 3.6
    By andreas2000 in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 09:08 AM
  5. Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B
    By pumix in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-13-2004, 10:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage 1993 AMIBIOS 486DX  American Megatrends PC Computer Works  picture

Vintage 1993 AMIBIOS 486DX American Megatrends PC Computer Works

$379.00



Brother CT-1400 Vintage CRT Word Processor Monitor New Open Box 1996 Tech picture

Brother CT-1400 Vintage CRT Word Processor Monitor New Open Box 1996 Tech

$249.99



Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Vintage Home Computer Boxed MPN TI-99/4A picture

Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Vintage Home Computer Boxed MPN TI-99/4A

$170.00



Vintage 90s PC Intel Pentium, cards, no HDD picture

Vintage 90s PC Intel Pentium, cards, no HDD

$80.00



VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½

VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½" Floppy Drive DB-19 Beige | P/N A9M0106

$159.00



VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½

VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½" Floppy Drive DB-19 Beige | P/N A9M0106

$159.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Microsoft BASIC Interpreter OEM Sealed NOS ver 1.01 picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Microsoft BASIC Interpreter OEM Sealed NOS ver 1.01

$1399.99



NewTek Video Toaster 2000 Card for Commodore Amiga 2000 Vintage Computers picture

NewTek Video Toaster 2000 Card for Commodore Amiga 2000 Vintage Computers

$229.00



Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s picture

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s

$169.99



Dell Inspiron E1505 Vintage Laptop – Windows XP – Working picture

Dell Inspiron E1505 Vintage Laptop – Windows XP – Working

$50.00