Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: No compressed file

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3

    No compressed file

    I am still pretty new to linux but I have been setting up the computers at the school I work at to run Knoppix via the hd install. I know I won't be here forever so I started writing an install guide for the person who ends up taking my job. This guide ended up being rather lengthy so I started looking into makeing a customized version that would just be pop in, format drive, install. Thus no going from website to website to install the needed programs. I stated following the customization tutorial and got to the point of making the compressed image. I run the command but, I don't get a file afterwards. There is the iso warning when it starts and then the screen scrolls trough tons of files and everything finishes without errors. However when I go to find the compressed file it does not exist. Anyone else had similar problems?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12
    How are you remastering? Are you using the menu based scripts, or are manually entering the mkisofs commands from the remaster howto?

    Also what version of Knoppix are you remastering?

    I noticed with 4.0.2 that the /tmp directory was sym linked to /ramdisk/tmp, and by remastering with the menu based scripts, if you leave the sym link in, it won't create the ISO.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3
    Knoppix 4.0 and all console commands manually entered for maxium control. Directly following the how to. It is the mkisofs command at the make compressed image that isn't creating an actual file but, it appears to finish without problems.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3
    Double post eeek
    Well I gave up and started using the menu based scripts listed in the announcement. So far everything looks like it is working like it should. The computer is making the compressed fs right now and only 14% so we are going to let it run over the weekend. Hopefully when we get back everything will be fine. On a side not anyone got any suggestions for some software to fill the 67 megs I still have free. Keep in mind this is being used in a school setting.

    Software already included blender, wings3d, nvu, inkscape, and clamav.

Similar Threads

  1. System crashes when creating compressed file system
    By insolit in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 01:08 AM
  2. 'Signing' a compressed file system for app verification
    By BillS in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 06:31 PM
  3. how to make a knoppix DVD with a not compressed KNOPPIX file
    By zorxd in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2004, 02:13 AM
  4. Runtime Compressed File system
    By grzegorz in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 05:17 AM
  5. How to unpack the compressed KNOPPIX file
    By Mongrol in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-02-2003, 08:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$10499.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact  Switch picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch

$179.99



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99